Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke is hosting 11 youth forums across the Cootamundra electorate, inviting 12-24 year olds to share ideas about how to improve their towns.
Ms Cooke said the Pizza & Pitch forums offer a chance for young people to get involved and help drive political decisions.
“I fight tirelessly for investment and growth in our towns and I want to make sure that our young people are front and centre, helping me define my strategy and goals,” Ms Cooke said.
“No community is the same, and as I’m exploring potential local solutions to issues with employment, access to services or social connectedness for example, I want to hear the voices of our youth.
“This is an opportunity to come along, have a slice and have your say,” she added.
Student at Cootamundra High School Logan Collins welcomes the opportunity.
“This is our country, and we should all be able to help make decisions and have a say about what we want to see for the future and for our next generations,” Logan said.
The local consultations come off the back of a push by the NSW Nationals to better address the needs of regional youth.
The very first NSW Regional Youth Strategy is currently being developed, and the Minister for Regional Youth Bronnie Taylor will soon announce the 18 appointed members of the Regional Youth Taskforce.
For more information on Pizza & Pitch, visit https://mailchi.mp/parliament/pizzaandpitch and RSVP by August 25.
All sessions held from 3.30-5.30pm:
- Monday August 26, West Wyalong Council Chambers
- Tuesday August 27, Grenfell Visitors Information Centre
- Wednesday August 28, Narrandera Bidgee Boxing
- Thursday August 29, Junee Community Centre
- Monday September 2, Cowra PCYC
- Tuesday September 3, Harden Hard Rock Gym
- Wednesday September 4, Cootamundra Stephen Ward Rooms
- Monday September 9, Young Yabbies Junior Clubhouse
- Tuesday September 10, Temora Platform Y Space
- Wednesday September 11, Gundagai Library
- Thursday September 12, Coolamon Up to Date Store