Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke has commenced a series of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Information Evenings in the electorate, which are being held in conjunction with the Murrumbidgee Local Response Group.
The Murrumbidgee Local Response Group comprises representatives from the Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network, Murrumbidgee Local Health District, Wellways and NSW Police.
Following the success of the first round of events held in Young, Cootamundra, Junee and Temora throughout July, Ms Cooke is encouraging local community, sporting, arts and cultural organisations to come along to events being held in their nearest town over coming weeks.
“These evenings are being run as a refresher on the support available in our region, and also provide the opportunity to share some of the important work that is being done behind the scenes in this crucial area of health,” Ms Cooke said.
“It is equally important for us to be able to come together as a community, to better inform ourselves and support each other in working towards zero deaths by suicide.”
The Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Information Evenings are being held in the following towns over coming weeks:
- NARRANDERA 11 August 2021, 6-7pm at the Narrandera CRC.
- HARDEN 16 August 2021, 6-7pm at the Harden CWA Rooms.
- GUNDAGAI 17 August 2021, 6-7pm at the Gundagai Services Club.
- WEST WYALONG 30 August 2021, 6-7pm at the West Wyalong Sports Club.
- COOLAMON 1 September 2021, 6-7pm at the Allawah Community Centre.
- BARELLAN 20 September 2021, 6-7pm at the Barellan & District War Memorial Club.
Registrations are essential to support a CovidSafe event and can be made by contacting the Cootamundra electorate office by phone 02 6382 2399 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org