Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke has announced the expansion of a grants program which will see more children being able to access upgraded facilities and a wider range of education experiences.
Ms Cooke said the NSW Government’s Quality Learning Environments and Community Grants programs will now be extended to include not-for-profit long day care centres as well as community preschools.
“This is such a fantastic piece of news to share because it means even more children will benefit from the grants, which have already seen lots of community preschools expand their offerings to our littlest learners,” Ms Cooke said.
“I have already seen community preschools in the Cootamundra electorate benefit significantly from the Quality Learning Environments and Community Grants programs, and now it’s time for long day care centres to experience the benefits as well.
“The program has already awarding more than 770 payments to preschools across the State to fund renovations and repairs, the purchase of particular infrastructure items, and specialised educational programs and activities like yoga or dance classes, and services can apply for grants of up to $10,000.
“I am urging eligible long day care centres to consider applying for the grants, which will help ensure children in our region have access to the best-quality early education experience.”
Ms Cooke said that long day care centres eligible for the grants include:
- Coolamon Early Childhood Centre
- Goodstart Early Learning Cowra
- Goodstart Early Learning Junee
- Goodstart Early Learning Young
Community preschools eligible for the grants include:
- Weddin Mobile Preschool Service
- Cowra Early Childhood Mobile Service
- Annette’s Place
- Ardlethan Preschool
- Ariah Park Preschool
- Bland Preschool
- Bunyip Preschool Harden
- Coolamon Preschool
- Cootamundra Preschool Incorporated
- Ganmain Pied Piper Preschool
- Grenfell Preschool & Long Day Care Centre
- Gundagai Preschool Kindergarten
- Junee RSL Memorial Preschool
- Temora Preschool and Out of School Hours Inc
- Young Preschool Kindergarten
Applications for the Quality Learning Environments grants will open this month, and Community Grants in June.