28 schools across the Cootamundra electorate are set to receive new and improved facilities as part of the NSW Government’s $120 million Regional Renewal Program.
Since the announcement of the Regional Renewal Program in October last year, schools have been invited to apply for renewal projects to improve their school facilities.
Successful projects in Tranche 1 across the Cootamundra electorate range from playground upgrades to new amenities, funded through $2,388,861.82 from the program.
Funded projects in Tranche 2 will be announced shortly.
Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke welcomed the news so many projects across the electorate had been funded.
“Our public schools deserve state of the art facilities and this investment by the Nationals in Government is part of our commitment to build a safer and stronger regional NSW,” Ms Cooke said.
“These improvements will help ensure our students can thrive in a great learning environment, no matter where they live or what their circumstances may be.
“Delivery of these projects will be undertaken in the next 18 months as part of the NSW Government’s economic stimulus package for NSW schools.”
Cootamundra High School Principal Leesa Daly said the upgrades were giving students and staff more pride in their school.
“This funding is fabulous, we’ve had a huge amount of upgrades done to the school since 2020 and it has significantly improved student and staff wellbeing,” Ms Daly said.
“It’s improved the students behaviour; they aren’t graffitiing the school and they are enjoying and respecting the space, they have a sense of pride, belonging and ownership of it as they’ve had a voice in the way we’ve upgraded the classrooms and the basketball courts.”
The Regional Renewal Program will provide a government co-contribution of between 50 to 80 per cent for school infrastructure improvements to high priority schools in regional NSW. Projects may include new and upgraded covered outdoor learning areas, science facilities, toilet blocks, administration buildings and canteens.
Minister for Education Sarah Mitchell said the projects across the Cootamundra electorate are part of the NSW Government’s stimulus program and the State’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
“I’m pleased that we are continuing our record investment in school infrastructure. This program will benefit local communities and support hundreds of jobs, creating a safer and stronger regional NSW,” Ms Mitchell said.
“This program is part of the NSW Government’s economic stimulus response to the pandemic, and will deliver educational benefits, community benefits and economic benefits as communities continue to recover.”
The NSW Government is investing $7 billion over the next four years, continuing its program to deliver more than 200 new and upgraded schools to support communities across NSW. This is the largest investment in public education infrastructure in the history of NSW.
- Ardlethan Central School, COLA, Shade Structures & Walkways, $75,000.00
- Barellan Central School, COLA, Shade Structures & Walkways, $185,000.00
- Beckom Public School, Playground Upgrade, $60,000.00
- Caragabal Public School, Toilet Upgrade, $100,000.00
- Coolamon Central School, Toilet Upgrade, $78,000.00
- Cootamundra High School, Hall, MPC, Gym & Communal Space Upgrade, $300,000.00
- Cootamundra Public School, Playground Upgrade, $80,000.00
- Eurongilly Public School, Admin & Staff Upgrade, $40,000.00
- Gooloogong Public School, Admin & Staff Upgrade, $30,000.00
- Grenfell Public School, $130,000.00
- Gundagai High School, Performance Unit Upgrade, $68,600.00
- Gundagai Public School, Carpark & Transport, $195,000.00
- Gundagai South Public School, Admin & Staff Upgrade, $65,000.00
- Illabo Public School, COLA, Shade Structures & Walkways, $18,000.00
- Junee Public School, Playground Upgrade, $70,000.00
- Matong Public School, Sporting Facilities, $70,000.00
- Murringo Public School, Admin & Staff Upgrade, $14,400.00
- Murrumburrah Public School, Structural, Fabric & Building Upgrade, $10,761.82
- Nangus Public School, Sporting Facilities, $60,000.00
- Narrandera Public School, COLA, Shade Structures & Walkways, $120,000.00
- Quandialla Public School, Playground Upgrade, $30,000.00
- Temora West Public School, Toilet Upgrade, $80,000.00
- The Henry Lawson High School, Sporting Facilities, $160,000.00
- Weethalle Public School, Toilet Upgrade, $60,000.00
- West Wyalong High School, Toilet Upgrade, $60,000.00
- Woodstock Public School, COLA, Shade Structures & Walkways, $130,000.00
- Wyalong Public School, Playground Upgrade, $40,000.00
- Young Public School, Storage Facilities, $59,100.00