Hilltops Shire will soon be fixing more local roads thanks to funding from the NSW Government.
Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke today joined Hilltops Council General Manager Anthony O’Reilly to announce a second round of funding from the Fixing Local Roads Program, bringing the total investment in to the shire to $3,436,010.
Ms Cooke said she was pleased the NSW Government was working closely with the Hilltops Council to improve road safety.
“This work will help improve road safety in our communities, which is why I am so pleased the Fixing Local Roads program is supporting the Hilltops Council to improve local roads,” Ms Cooke said.
“Round 1 of this great program invested $2,536,010 in to local work, with round 2 injecting an additional $900,000.”
“At the end of the day we want people to be able to travel safely on our local roads and ensure they can continue to be used for years to come.”
Hilltops Council General Manager Anthony O’Reilly said the grants would enable council to do important work.
“It is fantastic we have received this funding, we want to thank both Steph Cooke MP and Wendy Tuckerman MP for advocating for us,” Mr O’Reilly said.
“This enables us to do vital repair work and address our maintenance backlog for our local roads. There is always more work to do but any support is always welcome and appreciated by everyone who uses those roads.”
“This means safer access for everyone travelling through the region, including heavy vehicles. Without this funding this work wouldn’t happen.”
Round 1 of Fixing Local Roads supported the following projects through a $2,536,010 grant:
- Dundas Street, Young – Pavement Rehabilitation
- McMahons Reef Road, Jugiong – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Trafalgar Street, Young – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Moppity Road, Young – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Bribbaree Road – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Tubbul Road – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Scenic Road – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Colorado Road – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Berthong Road – Pavement Rehabilitation
- Hintons Road – Seal extension/initial sealing
- Backcreek Road – Pavement Rehabilitation
Round 2 of Fixing Local Roads supported the following projects through a $900,000 grant:
- Tarrants Gap Road Stage 1 – Sealing and Safety Upgrades