Coolamon Showground will be undergoing improvements thanks to funding from the NSW Government’s Showground Stimulus package.
Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke today announced $30,800 for the Coolamon Showground for a range of improvements including:
- Water infrastructure upgrade;
- Install fire extinguishers and fire blankets;
- Replace a damaged support column in the horse stalls;
- New stairs for the mens and ladies change rooms;
- Replace exhaust units in the all-purpose building;
- Patch, seal and paint toilets;
- Demolish an old shed.
Ms Cooke said she was delighted Coolamon’s showground would be undergoing these improvements.
“These are important upgrades that will help the showground become an even better asset for the community,” Ms Cooke said.
“Well done to the showground land manager and I look forward to these improvements taking shape.”
Coolamon Shire Mayor Cr John Seymour said he was pleased the showground had secured this funding.
“This funding will allow us to undertake beautification at the showground, better carparking, bitumen some of the tracks, and upgrade the water from the old galvanised pipes, this will help us get those things back in to order,” Cr Seymour said.
“Any funding for Coolamon Shire is great and helps us get things in a better shape for the community.”