Wednesday, 12 April 2023
Primary producers, small business owners, not-for-profits and community organisations are reminded that disaster declaration applications for various weather events are closing soon.
Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke is encouraging those who may be eligible for assistance to make sure they have all their documentation complete and submitted prior to the closing date.
“It’s been a very tough period right across the electorate and the road to recovery takes time. These grants are about ensuring those impacted can get back on their feet sooner,” Ms Cooke said.
“We’ve seen all nine local government areas in the Cootamundra electorate subject to a natural disaster declaration over the past 12 -18 months.”
The following declarations close soon:
- Cowra LGA, applications close on 17 April 2023 for flooding from 27 June 2022 onwards (AGRN 1025).
- Narrandera LGA, applications close on 22 April 2023 for flooding from 14 September 2022 onwards (AGRN 1034).
- Bland, Coolamon, Cootamundra-Gundagai and Hilltops LGA, application close on 28 April 2023 for flooding from 14 September 2022 onwards (AGRN 1034).
- Junee and Temora LGA applications close on 4 May 2023 for flooding from 14 September 2022 onwards (ARGN 1034).
Declarations AGRN 1025 and AGRN 1034 fall under Category B, which allows for Primary Producers to apply for concessional loans of up to $130,000 and Transport Subsidy of up to $15,000. Small Businesses can apply for concessional loans up to $130,000 and non-for-profit and community organisations can apply for Concessional loans of up to $25,000.
In June, a further two declarations close:
- Cowra LGA, applications close on 30 June 2023 for flooding from 27 June 2022 onwards (AGRN 1025).
- Bland, Coolamon, Cootamundra-Gundagai, Cowra, Hilltops, Junee and Narrandera, Temora and Weddin LGA’s, applications close on 30 June 2023 for flooding from 4 August 2022 and 14 September 2022 onwards (AGRN 1030).
Declarations AGRN 1025 and AGRN 1030 fall under Category D, which allows for eligible Primary Producers to apply for special disaster grants of up to $75,000 and eligible Rural Landholders to apply for grants of up to $10,000.
Businesses can apply for Disaster Recovery via the Service NSW website. Customers can also call Service NSW on 13 77 88, register for a call back.
For more information, visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/disaster-recovery/disaster-relief-and-support