The Cootamundra electorate is to receive $50,000 in funding for local sports clubs and community initiatives.
Ms Cooke said that sport was the lifeblood of the electorate and investment in local sport was an important focus for the community.
“Six projects have received funding and I couldn’t be happier for these hardworking clubs and their members,” she said.
The six successful projects are:
- Mirrool Football & Netball Club – $5000 for the purchase of guernseys for senior and junior teams.
- The Junee Gold Club – $18,328 for irrigation and a new mower.
- Young Touch Association – $672 for coach education and development.
- Cowra District Hockey Association – $5000 for new equipment.
- Coolamon Cricket Club – $20,000 for new nets at Kindra Oval.
- Narrandera Basketball Association – $1000 for uniforms, whistles and subsidised travel.
Ms Cooke said the projects figured among 831 that have received funding as part of the NSW Government’s Local Sport Grant Program.
“The program provides grants of up to $20,000 towards projects to assist regions with rallying the community together and ensuring ongoing involvement in sport,” Ms Cooke said.
“The NSW government is committed to supporting grassroots sport and improving participation rates across the state.
We know that sport has many proven health, social and economic outcomes and I encourage eligible clubs to apply for the next round of funding.”
Program applications open in late 2018. For more information visit, https://sport.nsw.gov.au/clubs/grants/localsport